Hello All, or at least all that actually look at this website. It has been nearly three months since we last played. First finals got in the way, and then six weeks of weddings, and now finally we are going to play again! So I decided it was probably about time I wrote a short reminder of what happened last time. In addition to Winston’s blog post of course, that thing is brilliant.
So in our first session our motley band of ancient dragon scions essentially met up, raided a sketchy warehouse, and routed a bunch of petty thieves – take that bad guys! It began with the gang’s catalyst Fidelia Crow gathering a crew to investigate magical happenings in London. After working together on a few outings the characters learned of several petty thefts where the thieves clearly were using magic. And so, after some information gathering the gang went to investigate.
Upon reaching the warehouse, friend and local PI Jasper Ketchup suddenly disappeared into thin air, literally. He found himself teleported to a strange ancient building, high up in some frozen mountains. Upon entering he discovered five empty pedestals in a large open chamber. It is at this moment that not only Jasper, but the whole gang, saw an short image of the past with each individual in dragon, instead of human, form, standing around five artifacts discussing what to do about some coming catastrophe.
The vision ended as suddenly as it began and Jasper found himself back near the warehouse, to the astonishment of Simon who had been standing right next to Jasper when he disappeared. The characters shook off the strange incident (and the whole disappearing thing) rather well considering, and they went ahead with their investigation of the warehouse.
Upon breaking in to the facility, they were attacked by guards, both visible and invisible, and lashed out in a violent defense. The carnage was only ended when businessman Gerome Chamberlin pacified the guards (and the players, eventually). He explained to the characters that he knew they would come eventually, and had saved a special artifact to “return” to them, explaining that they had all once lived as dragons. The characters did not take to this revelation very well and nearly killed Gerome, but fortunately for the Narrator (helpful NPCs are so hard to develop) the violence stopped just in time!
Gerome explained that there were four other artifacts – all part of an important set – which the characters would be interested in finding. Indeed, upon setting eyes on the first artifact, a vase from the Chinese Xia Dynasty, the characters found themselves hungering after the knowledge that similar artifacts could grant. Gerome explained that one other artifact remained in Britain, in the possession of crazed Necromancer. The identities of the remaining three artifact could also be found on a piece of parchment in the Leonardo Museum of Salt Lake City.
Upon leaving the warehouse the characters reported to the police of Gerome’s criminal operations, and he was promptly arrested the next day – which was record-breaking speed according to law experts Simon and Jasper.
Clues to Consider:
- Gerome employed magic wielders in a petty theft operation, stealing in some cases seemingly worthless items from people’s homes. These items, it turns out, were high in Karma, as they were items that were valuable because they were important to people. Why Gerome would gather such items was never discovered.
- Winston and Jasper discovered that there was a lot of computer traffic in the area of the warehouse, as well as large amounts of money recently coming through London, but no other information along these lines was found at the warehouse
- In the past, the characters learned that their dragons selves were doing something with five artifacts in order to prevent some calamity involving magic. Although each dragon apparently had different opinions on the matter, they each at least agreed upon the seriousness of the upcoming devastation, and a path to prevent it
- Jasper can travel to an old lair in the real world, and not simply in a vision
- The artifact given to the characters by Gerome is from the ancient Chinese Xia Dynasty, from the beginning of Chinese civilization